January 30th – Ping Pong for the Cure
What: An afternoon of Ping-Pong, fun, and games, to raise money and awareness for breast cancer research through Komen NYC.
When: Sunday, January 30th, 2011 from 1pm – 4pm
Where: Spin NYC. 48 East 23rd Street (On the southwest corner of 23rd and Park)
Why: I lost my mother from breast cancer when I was 15. My goal is to do everything in my power to help that one mother, sister, friend, or daughter be able to fight the disease tooth and nail. 100% of the proceeds of the event will go to Susan G Komen NYC Affiliate to help those fighting this terrible disease.
Venue Space: Private room and 8 tables in the main room
Suggested donation upon entering: $10 at the door
Main room activities: (includes full food and drink menu à la carte, flat-screen wall-TVs and comfortable seating areas)
Singles and doubles ping-pong tournaments
• Donation: $10 per person to enter
• Bracket style – 16 people per tournament
• 21- point games, standard basement ping-pong rules*
• Competitions will be broken into advanced, intermediate, beginner levels
• Winner receives 1/3 of the pot (Second place receives his/her/their money back)
Private fun play
• Couples or groups of 4 can reserve a table for 30 minute blocks
• Donation: $10 per person per half hour
Private Room activities: (includes DJ and private bar à la carte, large screen TV, and plenty of lounge space)
Challenge the Champ – Wally Green
• Challenge Professional and International Champion Wally Green to 1v1.
• Choose Wally’s Paddle – choices include his blackberry, his miniature paddle, or a regular sized paddle
• $10 upfront donation to play
• Games to 11, service switches every 2 points.
• Payout structure:
o Regular paddle: for every point you score against Wally you receive $5. For every point he scores against you, you donate $2.50
o Miniature paddle: for every point you score against Wally you receive $5. For every point he scores against you, you donate $5
o Blackberry: for every point you score against Wally you receive $5. For every point he scores against you, you donate $10
Please join me at Spin January 30th and spread the word! The more people the merrier